[0.17.66] Can't completely close factorio

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Pennervomland
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.66] Can't completely close factorio

Post by Pennervomland »

First of all, this doesn't happen to me in the current stable version!

When I close Factorio (experimental 0.17.66) it will not close completely for some reason. With everything I tried like closing with alt+f4, closing it by clicking "exit", closing it with task manager the game is still running in the background. When I go to steam in my game-library I can see that it's still running. There is no window hidden anywhere, factorio is closed ... but it's actually not... The task-manager also tells me that it's still running somewhere in the background but I can't close it with the task manager and not even with the taskkill command in the cmd.

The only way it closes is when I restart my PC which I obviously don't want to do all the time. When the game is running on steam it means that I can't even open another game instead.

It's really annoying though I think it could be a problem with steam since I had this problem several times with other games already. Maybe someone can still help here or knows whats going on :(

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] Can't completely close factorio

Post by BlueTemplar »

Try without Steam ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “Technical Help”