Adding a mod to a existing save file.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Afroman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Adding a mod to a existing save file.

Post by Afroman »

So I have a vanilla save.
I want to add Bottleneck.
I figure thats what the "synd mod with savefile option is for"
but when I enter and choose to enable bottleneck and press confirm nothing happens.

What am I missing?

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Adding a mod to a existing save file.

Post by mmmPI »

Someone send me a save file with 5 hours in and 15 different mod, I click "sync mod with savefile", a pop-up prompt with checkboxes ticked on with every single of the 15 mods, ask me if i want to confirm. I click yes, the game download the 15 mods, and reload, then load the save.

If you want to add the mod yourself to you own 10 hour save game, you need to download the mod, "enable it" , this will reload the game, depending on your options it is automatic or not, then you can check in "mod" you will have [v]basemod and [v]bottleneck.

At this point if you load your own 10 hour savegame, the mod will be active and you can press the new shortcut or change the settings of bottleneck.

I hope it helps

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Afroman wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:42 pm
So I have a vanilla save.
I want to add Bottleneck.
I figure thats what the "synd mod with savefile option is for"
Nope. That button is for "make the set of mods I have exactly the same as this saved game", not "change the set of mods in it.

To do that you (a) install the mod, (b) make it active, if you deactivated it, and (c) load the game.

edit: how did I miss the exact same answer four hours ahead of me when I posted this? -_-
Last edited by slippycheeze on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Afroman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Afroman »

thanks! THat helped.

Return to “Technical Help”