[Solved] Change mods on headless server [0.16.51]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
CybranII
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Solved] Change mods on headless server [0.16.51]

Post by CybranII »

I'm running a x64 headless Factorio server (version 0.16.51) on Linux. The server is running a map (originally created on a client) and uses a single mod without any problems.

Recently, I decided to update the mod used and add an additional mod. To do so, I

1. Stopped the server
2. Deleted the old mod's .zip file from the server's mod directory
3. Copied the .zip files of the updated mod and of the new mod to the same directory
4. Started the server, using /opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio --start-server-load-latest --server-settings /path-to-factorio-data/settings/server-settings.yml

After doing so, no mods were loaded by the server. The mods do not appear in the server log. Attempting to connect to the server will fail with a mod mismatch error, saying the mods are not on the server.

Am I missing something?

I have previously changed the mods client-side, without any problems, loading the map and playing with these mods is working flawlessly. I also tried saving the map on the client (with updated mods) and transferring and loading this updated save on the server, without success.
Attachments
serverlog-afterchange.log
(3.25 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
serverlog-beforechange.log
(3.9 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Last edited by CybranII on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

CybranII
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Change mods on headless server [0.16.51]

Post by CybranII »

Added logs before & after the mod change

CybranII
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Change mods on headless server [0.16.51]

Post by CybranII »

I have figured it out - the updated version of LTN I tried to install was not compatible with Factorio 0.16 (it was for 0.17 instead), the other mod had a dependency on LTN and was therefore not loaded. Using the correct mod version fixed the issue. A log entry indicating the incompatibility would have been nice though ;)

Return to “Technical Help”