When starting headless server: "Error Util.cpp:83: No map settings instance."

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
JustAPerson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

When starting headless server: "Error Util.cpp:83: No map settings instance."

Post by JustAPerson »

Hi,

I can't seem to load a save file or even create a new save.
I'm trying to use the `factorio-init` scripts from github as recommended by the wiki.

I somehow got this to work with one save file that had a few hours on it. That one had mods. I changed the mods-list.json to disable a few of them so I could start a new map. I tried to load another save with only a few minutes played and ran into an error about "no map settings instance". Now I run into that error even when trying to create a new map.

Code: Select all

0.000 2019-07-20 22:01:21; Factorio 0.17.58 (build 46193, linux64, headless)
   0.047 Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04)
   0.047 Program arguments: "/opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio" "--create" "/opt/factorio/bin/x64/../../saves/z04.zip" "--map-gen-settings=/opt/factorio/bin/x64/../../data/map-gen-settings.example.json" "--map-settings=/opt/factorio/bin/x64/../../data/map-settings.json"
   0.047 Read data path: /opt/factorio/data
   0.047 Write data path: /opt/factorio [17681/19673MB]
   0.047 Binaries path: /opt/factorio/bin
   0.054 System info: [CPU:            Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU @ 2.30GHz, 1 core, RAM: 3693 MB]
   0.055 Environment: DISPLAY=<unset> WAYLAND_DISPLAY=<unset> DESKTOP_SESSION=<unset> XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=<unset> XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=<unset> __GL_FSAA_MODE=<unset> __GL_LOG_MAX_ANISO=<unset> __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=<unset> __GL_SORT_FBCONFIGS=<unset> __GL_YIELD=<unset>
   0.055 Running in headless mode
   0.205 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.268 Checksum for core: 716058110
   0.344 Error Util.cpp:83: No map settings instance.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: When starting headless server: "Error Util.cpp:83: No map settings instance."

Post by Bilka »

That's a mod error, one of your mods removes the map-settings prototype. Or rather, it's never added to the game - the base mod isn't being loaded. You should check if you accidentally disabled it in the mod list json.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

JustAPerson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: When starting headless server: "Error Util.cpp:83: No map settings instance."

Post by JustAPerson »

I vaguely remember running `s/true/false/` in my mods-list.json so I could select a subset of the large ./mods/ directory I uploaded to the server. I must have forgotten the base-mod. Thanks. Issue closed.

Return to “Technical Help”