Convert blueprints from 17 to 16?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
rossum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Convert blueprints from 17 to 16?

Post by rossum »

Hello.

Short time lurker, first time poster.

I dipped my toes into the beta to play with a friend on Linux (evidently 17 is much more stable in the upcoming version, which is great!), but when I try to go back to 16, the blueprints appear to be incompatible. I've haven't lost any data (but it was a near thing) but my prints are now locked into the 17 format. Is there a way back?

Thanks!

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Convert blueprints from 17 to 16?

Post by Jap2.0 »

rossum wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:07 am
Hello.

Short time lurker, first time poster.

I dipped my toes into the beta to play with a friend on Linux (evidently 17 is much more stable in the upcoming version, which is great!), but when I try to go back to 16, the blueprints appear to be incompatible. I've haven't lost any data (but it was a near thing) but my prints are now locked into the 17 format. Is there a way back?

Thanks!
It is theoretically possible (I believe the format of blueprint strings is public somewhere), but not supported in the base game and I don't know of any third-party tools that will do it. Factorio in general doesn't have much by way of forward compatibility.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Technical Help”