[17.45] Multiplayer bug - can't connect to server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Buddy397
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[17.45] Multiplayer bug - can't connect to server

Post by Buddy397 »

Me and a friend are trying to host a game, but whoever host, the other one gets the error: " can't connect to server ".

Well, we tried a lot. We both don't find a reason in our logs. Firewall on/off, nothing. Port ( 34197 UDP ) opened, nothing. Hamachi, nothing. Its always the same error. The game tries to connect about 10s and then… error: " …. " We both have the same version, even the same build. For any reason I can connect to other multiplayer games without any problems. Now he created a dedicated server, but that shouldn't be the solution for the future.
For everybody with the " can't identify bug " : 10.908 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:54: Downloading https://auth.factorio.com/generate-user-server-key-2
11.585 Info AuthServerConnector.cpp:138: Received key from auth server.

We both hope someone clever is out there who could help us.

I cant post any log right now. The previous log was a singleplayer game by me and my current log was when we tried the dedicated server, so there isnt anything else than starting game, connecting to the server and disconnecting, which worked fine.

Maybe I'll add a log tomorrow evening, which we'll create ( trying to connect, doing this several time to create a log with more information ) tomorrow evening and post it down below.

Return to “Technical Help”