problem with sync / disable mod with saved game

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
doragung
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

problem with sync / disable mod with saved game

Post by doragung »

I have few problem with Sync and De-sync mod from saved game

1 can't use new mod with saved game
1.1 enable mod > load game when loading full game freeze
1.2 when press sync mod with saved game
tick the box keep enable that in "not in save" > comfirm nothing happen
not tick the box > confirm. game restart mod that i tried to sync been disable

but work fine when start a new game

2 disable mod from saved
i've disable some mod from saved when try to play, game freeze on loading map screen
Last edited by doragung on Sat May 25, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doragung
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: problem with sync / disable mod with saved game

Post by doragung »

i hope this is correct log file that need to attach
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(21.04 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
factorio-current.log
(20.7 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I don't think you understand what the "sync" option does. Sync mods with save is there *only* to enable mods the save was using and disable ones it wasn't using.

If all you want to do is use a new mod on one of your existing save files you just "load game". No sync needed. If you don't want a mod enabled on a save, disable it, and load the game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

doragung
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by doragung »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 pm
I don't think you understand what the "sync" option does. Sync mods with save is there *only* to enable mods the save was using and disable ones it wasn't using.

If all you want to do is use a new mod on one of your existing save files you just "load game". No sync needed. If you don't want a mod enabled on a save, disable it, and load the game.
i already tried what you told enable mod no sync then load game, when loading full my game is freeze also same when i disable mod that exist in saved game

verify game files
re-install
use different patch (mod also support patch)

cant' think out anymore solution
Last edited by doragung on Sat May 25, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Then it’s possible there’s something about the mod(s) that you are trying to enable/disable (either on their own or through interaction with other enabled mods) that’s causing the issue.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

doragung
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by doragung »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:20 pm
Then it’s possible there’s something about the mod(s) that you are trying to enable/disable (either on their own or through interaction with other enabled mods) that’s causing the issue.
i just tested
1. start clean game then enable each mod to saved at a time, until put it all, work fine
2. start mod game (few mod) then repeat eariler step, also work fine

disable mod with both saved work fine

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Well, that could also point to something about that specific save that is giving you the problems. Not necessarily being corrupt (though it could be), but maybe their is some kind of action being taken at that exact moment that with the introduction/removal of these mods is causing the problem.

For example (though I believe this one was fixed), if you had a mod that introduced a new fuel, then you removed it while a burner was actively consuming a piece, it caused problems (I think it was a crash).

I’d look at what these mods are supposed to do and think about things like that (what could possibly break by adding/removing this) and go from there. You basically may need to make sure that nothing is actively happening in the areas where these mods cause changes. There may also be a deeper issue that doesn’t show unless you have certain things built/in a specific order or something crazy like that.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

u have a log of the freeze?

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Also the save and a zip of the mod folder could be useful.

doragung
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by doragung »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:02 pm
Well, that could also point to something about that specific save that is giving you the problems. Not necessarily being corrupt (though it could be), but maybe their is some kind of action being taken at that exact moment that with the introduction/removal of these mods is causing the problem.

For example (though I believe this one was fixed), if you had a mod that introduced a new fuel, then you removed it while a burner was actively consuming a piece, it caused problems (I think it was a crash).

I’d look at what these mods are supposed to do and think about things like that (what could possibly break by adding/removing this) and go from there. You basically may need to make sure that nothing is actively happening in the areas where these mods cause changes. There may also be a deeper issue that doesn’t show unless you have certain things built/in a specific order or something crazy like that.
at some point when i research to high tier can't enable or disable any of mod
nuhll wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:59 pm
u have a log of the freeze?
Is this the right one?

https://youtu.be/n1LHlRMe65s this is what froze look like
Zavian wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:04 am
Also the save and a zip of the mod folder could be useful.
i have attach what you request
Attachments
Modded 1 0.17.41.zip
(4.05 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
mods.rar
(550.61 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
factorio-previous.log
(20.46 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
factorio-current.log
(19.95 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Remove the mod "tidy factory". It's doing a crazy amount of entity searches every time any mod is added/removed/game version changes.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

doragung
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by doragung »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:01 pm
Remove the mod "tidy factory". It's doing a crazy amount of entity searches every time any mod is added/removed/game version changes.
i remove that mod and try add/remove other mod its don't froze at the end of loading anymore in recent saved (still small factory)

but in older save (quite large) still froze when i try to remove "tidy factory" mod from it. I accidently overwrite that saved so with new save it should be any problem when i add/remove mod to it

is there any mod i should aware that would make result like "tidy factory"?

thank you

Return to “Technical Help”