[0.17.34] Linux headless server question

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
extibo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.34] Linux headless server question

Post by extibo »

Hello,

I've successfully managed to start the Factorio Linux server via AWS. This is the guide that was used: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ss_server/

However, there's an issue - I want to access the server console, since the Factorio server is started as a service. Tried googling, but couldn't find a concise solution for this issue. The only thing I know is that it can be done by using tmux and starting a session, but unfortunately I wasn't really successful with my attempts. Does anyone have an idea how this can be resolved? Thanks.

fafler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.34] Linux headless server question

Post by fafler »

Try installing screen (apt-get install screen as root) and change
ExecStart=/home/gamemaster/factorio/bin/x64/factorio --server-settings /home/gamemaster/factorio/data/server-settings.json --start-server-load-latest --console-log /home/gamemaster/Factorio.log
to
ExecStart=screen -dmS factorio /home/gamemaster/factorio/bin/x64/factorio --server-settings /home/gamemaster/factorio/data/server-settings.json --start-server-load-latest --console-log /home/gamemaster/Factorio.log

Restart the service and you should be able to use screen -r factorio to connect to the console.

Dae
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.34] Linux headless server question

Post by Dae »

On Lubuntu 18.04x64
i havez download the linux-serveur version.
unziped it on /server/

[ctrl alt T] chmod -R 775 ./ && exit

move to /bin/x64
tape F4 to terminal here,

Code: Select all

./factorio ./server-settings.json -v --start-server Multi1
(multi1 are the name of my save)

you need the "server-settings.json" file on the same file to run fine

to connect, add just your local Ip

Return to “Technical Help”