[INVALID] Feature request: Windowed fullscreen behavior

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Lorash
Inserter
Inserter

[INVALID] Feature request: Windowed fullscreen behavior

Post by Lorash »

Most AAA titles deal with windowed fullscreen in the same way. For instance if I press the "Windows" key on the keyboard, the Start Menu appears on top of the game, if I switch to something else with Alt+Tab, it appears on top of the game.

Factorio is different, as soon as I do any of these it immediately minimizes/hides (can't really tell which) the game screen and I get back directly on the desktop. I'd like to request a behavior change so that Factorio behaves like most other games so, e.g., I can have a glance at my Live Tiles without having to then find Factorio on the taskbar to get back into it. I'm aware that I can use windowed mode to achieve what I want but it's annoying having to deal with this in Factorio only.
Last edited by Lorash on Sun May 12, 2019 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Feature request: Windowed fullscreen behavior

Post by Xeanoa »

Factorio does use Fullscreen/Borderless window.
There's a graphics setting called 'Minimise on focus loss' that sets Factorio to be minimised regardless. It's something I haven't seen any other game use, maybe it's checked for you?

Lorash
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Feature request: Windowed fullscreen behavior

Post by Lorash »

Excellent, that's what I was looking for!

Return to “Technical Help”