[17.34] No alarm sounds when entity is under attack

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Sobis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[17.34] No alarm sounds when entity is under attack

Post by Sobis »

Hello, I'm playing MP with my friend and I've noticed that we don't get any alarms when biters are attacking our base, only when they destroy something which is unfortunate. I remember in older versions you get alarms for both damaged and destroyed entities. I've tried commands that I found on Wiki and when I entered "/alerts unmute entity_under_attack" in the console it said that this alarm isn't muted.

The game is lightly modded, mostly convenience stuff but also rampant, rampant arsenal. Here's the full list:
Bob's inserters; Bottleneck; FARL; Far-reach; FNEI; GDIW; Helmod; Rampant; RampantArsenal; Robocharger; Waterfill

All of the mods are updated to their latest versions and I'm not sure any of the mods could interfere with alarms especially that the "destroyed" alarm works, only the "damaged" alarm doesn't.

Sobis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [17.34] No alarm sounds when entity is under attack

Post by Sobis »

I'm wondering am I the only one experiencing this? Is everyone else getting the alarm?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

0.17 does not have any sound for when an entity is under attack. The only sound is when it's killed. The under-attack sound was deemed too annoying and deleted.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 pm
0.17 does not have any sound for when an entity is under attack. The only sound is when it's killed. The under-attack sound was deemed too annoying and deleted.
I think that is a pity. Maybe it could come back? (Even if it is muted by default).

Sobis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sobis »

I don't see the reason to delete it altogether. Why not just make it muted by default and let people unmute it with a command if needed? Especially that there is already a command for this. Furthermore, this new alarm sound is much less annoying than the old one.

As it was recently deleted maybe it's possible to get it back? In my opinion you just removed a very useful feature with no reason at all as you can just have it muted by default :roll:? I really hope to get this feature back.

Return to “Technical Help”