Moving user data from appdata to gdrive, on multiple computers

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Moving user data from appdata to gdrive, on multiple computers

Post by boran_blok »

Hi,

I am trying to play Factorio on multiple computers (not at the same time mind you)

I want to keep my saves, blueprints, mods etc in sync between these, so ideally everything which is under %appdata%\Factorio would be moved to %USERPROFILE%\Google Drive\Sync\Factorio\UserData16.51

I have to use %USERPROFILE% as my username is different on these computers

I kind of see how this would be achieved, but I am not 100% sure how I would use the %USERPROFILE% variable in the ini file, do I need to update both the read and write directory config? What variables can be used in these values, I see executable location, and system folder, but I am unsure of any other variables that are usable in the ini file.

Then I suppose all I'd have to do is start up factorio and have it use the ini file in that config folder?

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Moving user data from appdata to gdrive, on multiple computers

Post by Trebor »

boran_blok wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:30 am
Hi,

I am trying to play Factorio on multiple computers (not at the same time mind you)

I want to keep my saves, blueprints, mods etc in sync between these, so ideally everything which is under %appdata%\Factorio would be moved to %USERPROFILE%\Google Drive\Sync\Factorio\UserData16.51

I have to use %USERPROFILE% as my username is different on these computers

I kind of see how this would be achieved, but I am not 100% sure how I would use the %USERPROFILE% variable in the ini file, do I need to update both the read and write directory config? What variables can be used in these values, I see executable location, and system folder, but I am unsure of any other variables that are usable in the ini file.

Then I suppose all I'd have to do is start up factorio and have it use the ini file in that config folder?
If you’re using Steam and syncing to your account, switching machines will do this.

boran_blok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Moving user data from appdata to gdrive, on multiple computers

Post by boran_blok »

sadly the second PC I play on does not support steam (Cannot install any applications, I use the portable usb installation there now)

Return to “Technical Help”