Headless Server starting issue

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Godvader
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Headless Server starting issue

Post by Godvader »

Hello everyone, I am trying to start a headless server and I have followed the guide of Bisa on Github. Almost everything went smoothly, I uploaded a save from my computer and used the load command to load it. It looked like everything was fine but when I use the start command to start the game I first see a confirmation message:

Code: Select all

Started Factorio, please see log for details.
And in the logs I find:

0.000 2019-03-30 03:07:43; Factorio 0.16.51 (build 36654, linux64, headless)
   0.055 Operating system: Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)
   0.055 Program arguments: "/opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio" "--config" "/opt/factorio/config/config.ini" "--port" "34197" "--start-server-load-latest" "--server-settings" "/opt/factorio/data/server-settings.json"
   (...)
   0.425 Info PlayerData.cpp:65: Local player-data.json available, timestamp 1553915243
   0.425 Info PlayerData.cpp:72: Cloud player-data.json unavailable
   0.427 Custom inputs active: 0
   0.427 Factorio initialised
   0.428 Info GlobalContext.cpp:696: Waiting for child processes to exit:
   0.428 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:142: Quitting multiplayer connection.
   0.428 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:699: mapTick(168929842) changing state from(Ready) to(Closed)
   0.440 Goodbye
Also with the debugging function I get this line:

Process: 9580 ExecStart=/opt/factorio-init/factorio start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 9601 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

systemd[1]: factorio.service: Unit entered failed state.
systemd[1]: factorio.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'

Am I missing something are these log files enough to understand what went wrong? Thanks in advance!

Bunny5390
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Headless Server starting issue

Post by Bunny5390 »

I'm getting the same issue. I installed through the factorio-headless-experimental AUR package (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fact ... erimental/), which included a factorio.service to start the game. When I start the service, the game starts for a moment and then closes, before the service tries to start it again. The log shows the same thing as above, with it just exiting for no apparent reason. I'm not sure how to get the debugging information they got though.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(11.54 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Haven't dug in to that setup so I don't know what's going on there but the server works fine for me, I just run it from ~/.factorio/server with symlinks to bin and data,

Bunny5390
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bunny5390 »

Well, I managed to solve the issue. Turns out the default arguments passed to Factorio in the package I installed include paths for banlist and whitelist files, but since those files didn't exist it was silently exiting. Didn't show up in the log even when I turned on verbose logging. Removing those arguments fixed the problem and it now starts correctly.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Bunny5390 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:27 am
Well, I managed to solve the issue. Turns out the default arguments passed to Factorio in the package I installed include paths for banlist and whitelist files, but since those files didn't exist it was silently exiting. Didn't show up in the log even when I turned on verbose logging. Removing those arguments fixed the problem and it now starts correctly.
To me that sounds like a bug. Quitting because the files don't exist is reasonable, but it should write that to the log. Might be worth a bug report.

Return to “Technical Help”