[0.17.9] Massive save file / RAM usage

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
larskrae
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.9] Massive save file / RAM usage

Post by larskrae »

I recently installed 0.17.9 and started a new game.
I spent about 17h on it and installed a few mods, but now it has become completely unusable for me.
The save file is about 1.2G, the level.dat is 2.1G, and every time I load the map, it fills up my 16GB of RAM almost instantly and (obviously) the performance is shit after that. Note this also happens after disabling all mods I have used.
I could start a new save, however, I am worried that the same thing might just happen again.

The mods I used are:
Advanced Solar and Accumulator
Auto Deconstruct
Bottleneck
Factorissimo2
Far Reach
Helmod
Quality of Life research
Squeak Through

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.9] Massive save file / RAM usage

Post by Koub »

By any chance, is there a way to for you to upload the save to some hosting service so that the devs can have a look ? Also a logfile is always useful.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

larskrae
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by larskrae »

I may have just figured out where this huge save size may have come from. I used a command to reveal the map around the player, and I am not sure anymore what radius I specified. (So, in short, it's probably my fault..) I will try to load the map again and see how much of it is actually generated to confirm this, and possibly just delete most of it, however it basically almost crashes my system every time I try.

I uploaded the save here:
https://mega.nz/#!u1oDCCLA!UmlUha4B8zH5 ... ihMYyXkw-8

I also attached the factorio-current.log of me trying to open the save, but I didn't get into the game, so I'm not sure how useful it is going to be.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.43 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Loading up the save I can see the effects of the command you ran. You told it to explore *way* more than you should have and now it's just doing what you told it to do :P
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”