[0.17.3] Display Brightness reduces to minimum upon fullscreen on Surface Book i7 512GB

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Ashaman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.3] Display Brightness reduces to minimum upon fullscreen on Surface Book i7 512GB

Post by Ashaman »

When the game is in full screen mode the display brightness is inexplicably reduced. I have the Windows brightness setting set to 100% brightness before entering the game.

When I switch the game from full screen to windowed mode the brightness automatically increases. The brightness again reduces when re-entering full screen mode. No other setting is being modified besides the full screen setting and the game is not being reloaded, simply confirming the setting change.

When in full screen mode, alt+tab to focus screen attention to another program, or even just hitting the windows key or opening the windows notifications tab to adjust brightness settings, automatically restores brightness.

This is a base game issue as it happen on the main menu and mid-game.

When I originally started playing the game back in the late 0.15 stages the game had no brightness issues, then at some point in the mid 0.16 game play stages the brightness reduced without any changes in settings.

Maybe there is a setting I missed but I pored over the game settings trying to find a resolution before posting on here.

I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Book, i7, 512GB laptop. I have attached my DxDiag info .txt file in case it helps.

Please Advise

Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(106.6 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by Ashaman on Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashaman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.3] Display Brightness reduces upon fullscreen on Surface Book i7 512GB

Post by Ashaman »

I guess a clearer statement would be that the display brightness is reduced to minimum making the game barely viewable during the day and very hard to see even at night while in full screen.

Ashaman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.3] Display Brightness reduces to minimum upon fullscreen on Surface Book i7 512GB

Post by Ashaman »

thanks for the links in your signature, found the log file. hope it helps. I have attached the current log and previous log.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(6.46 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
factorio-current.log
(5.59 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.3] Display Brightness reduces to minimum upon fullscreen on Surface Book i7 512GB

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
We don't change screen brightness in any way, so I believe it is caused by some "smart" technology like Intel Display Power Saving Technology: https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/commen ... l_devices/

Return to “Technical Help”