Multiplayer Button missing?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
RedKite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiplayer Button missing?

Post by RedKite »

I've noticed my multiplayer button doesn't appear, at first i thought it might be a hidden console command.

Now i know there is a button, I think I've realised the problem, when i installed factorio originally i had a prompt to log in, and i did. this time however i was not prompted, I'm guessing i need to be logged into make it work?

So the issue is, how do i force a log on prompt so i can input my details and unlock the multiplayer access?

Factorio 0.10.12 build 10773 win64
Last edited by RedKite on Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Multiplayer Button missing?

Post by Boogieman14 »

You actually need to update to 0.11.1 first. Check the "Experimental updates" option Options->Other and check for updates again.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

RedKite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RedKite »

Ah, interesting however i had literally just downloaded the game, pressing check updates told me im up to date, looking at the download page now:

I see the experimental release hyper link and found the right version, however it wasnt clear that this was not part of the title, but a link to the experimental releases. maybe a little ui improvement due? or maybe im just being a little thick :lol:
Last edited by RedKite on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

RedKite wrote: pressing check updates tells me im up to date
That's why you need to enable Expertimental updates in the game options ;)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

RedKite
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RedKite »

Yeah, sorry that was meant to be in past tense, All is well now at any rate thank you for the help, I'm guessing my log in details were stored in the registry when i installed 0.9 ages ago, so i dont have to log in again on this pc.

Return to “Technical Help”