Game hesitates every few seconds

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
biff_ccp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Game hesitates every few seconds

Post by biff_ccp »

Hello.

I thought the problem was with a mod, but I just removed all of them and the following still happens on a new game...

Every 3-4 seconds, the game just hesitates or pauses for about half a second. FPS/UPS is at 60 when running normally, but drops to about 56 when the hesitation happens.

Hmm. I just started a new game, no mods, small window. The UPS might drop just a bit but the FPS still drops to 56-57. UPS drops after stuff is built.

Anyone know if this could be a issue of something running within the game? I suppose it could be hardware but I had this same problem last year and I think I had a different mobo and graphics card back then.

Edit: I just saw the post on how to report performance problems. Let me see what I can do...
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Hesitates ok.jpg
Hesitates ok.jpg (486.82 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
Hesitates bad.jpg
Hesitates bad.jpg (587.64 KiB) Viewed 1636 times

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Game hesitates every few seconds

Post by cbhj1 »

I had a similar issue a while back, resolved it by trying out the different atlas sizes in video options.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Update your graphics driver.

biff_ccp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by biff_ccp »

Well, it appears to be somewhat intermittent. I reinstalled my mods and now things are working as they should. I don't expect that to last but it's working well now.

Atlas size is something I've never noticed before. Maybe I'll give it a try when this problem starts happening again.

I expect the problem to return eventually, so please keep adding advice.

Thanks.

Return to “Technical Help”