Factorio is already running through Steam on another device

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Strahlend
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio is already running through Steam on another device

Post by Strahlend »

I am trying to host a dedicated server on my home PC and its running good, I can connect, people on my network can connect, and my friends at other locations can connect. No issues there. The issue occurs when I have the server, just the headless server not the actual game, running on my home PC and I try to connect to the server on my laptop. Steam gives me an error saying that Factorio is running through steam on another device and it has to terminate that program first. If I click okay, Factorio will start initializing through Steam on my laptop and it will stay like that. The server on my home PC won't be shut down, but my laptop never actually starts Factorio. Is there a work around for this? Possibly a way to run the server without Steam recognizing it at the game? Thanks.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio is already running through Steam on another device

Post by Jap2.0 »

You can download the standalone game from their website (you can link your Steam account and download it for free).
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Strahlend
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio is already running through Steam on another device

Post by Strahlend »

This was the solution! Thank you.

Return to “Technical Help”