Convert sandbox scenario to freeplay

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
kmkkmk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Convert sandbox scenario to freeplay

Post by kmkkmk »

I have created a map. When I play it, it seems that I am in sandbox mode (there is no character, I can move around quickly, etc.). I have found the following command to change back to freeplay.

Code: Select all

/c game.player.character = game.player.surface.create_entity{name = "player", position = {0,0}, force = game.player.force} 
but this leaves me without items. How can I change my map to start in freeplay mode (i.e. items + intro message + silo script running?!)?

Details:
  • My map was created from a savegame using the "--map2scenario" commandline argument. (I only kept the blueprint.dat file though.)
  • I have tried without success to copy control.lua files from other scenarios, but I was never sure that the script actually ran. I am now worried, that even if I give myself items, the silo script is not running.
  • My scenario contains only a single file: blueprint.dat. If I create another scenario, this new one seems to be in freeplay mode. So theoretically blueprint.dat seems to contain the setting, but I don't know what to make out of it.
Thank you for your consideration.

Return to “Technical Help”