Port Pre 0.10.x map to new 0.10.x features?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Port Pre 0.10.x map to new 0.10.x features?

Post by silman »

I just recently got 0.10.12 after being told countless times that this branch is far from "experimental" and i started my first (and only so far) map on 0.9.8, but when i load into it it says that i cant generate a map exchange string because its a 0.9.8 map. Is there any way i can port my map to update it with the 0.10.x features, i plan to play on this map for a while and i dont want to miss out on anything because its pre 0.10.x

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Port Pre 0.10.x map to new 0.10.x features?

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

a guess :)

do not go direct to 0.10.12. Try an older version. 0.10.9 is also up for download.

Maybe the devs could provide downloads for 0.10.1 and up :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General. - The chances are higher, that it is read here.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Map exchange string depends on save format from 0.10. So if you want exhange string of 0.9.8 map, just save it to a different save and use exchange string from that.
We try to make all versions backwards compatible as much as possible, but sometimes practicality wins over a perfect solution :-)

silman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silman »

cube wrote:Map exchange string depends on save format from 0.10. So if you want exhange string of 0.9.8 map, just save it to a different save and use exchange string from that.
We try to make all versions backwards compatible as much as possible, but sometimes practicality wins over a perfect solution :-)
Ahh so if i do a new save-as it should be updated to 0.10.12? I was just hoping that there are no features that are permanently off-limits to me since the map started as a 0.9.8 map.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

While to my knowledge the 0.10 series added no really new terrain features, the map generator will generate new chunks with the newer version. For example if you had a pre-oil game, the game would still generate oil in newly explored areas.
Ignore this

Return to “Technical Help”