Gameplay stops while grid is displayed

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
PunkSkeleton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Gameplay stops while grid is displayed

Post by PunkSkeleton »

I am not convinced whether it's a bug (maybe that's some hidden feature I don't know about) but for as long as I remember (at least since 0.15) the game sometimes stops for me and the grid is displayed:

The menu works fine, I am able to save the game and then load it to work around the problem, nothing else seems to be working for me. I do not use mods.

If it's a bug then I can make a proper bug report, if not then please tell me how do I turn this on and off...

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Gameplay stops while grid is displayed

Post by Bilka »

If you are displaying the grid using shift + space, that's the pause button, the grid is just a convenient thing that's diplayed when you pause :) You can also display the grid using a debug option, press F4 and search for "show-grid" and check it, then it wont pause the game.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Technical Help”