Multiplayer Isn't Working

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Mr.Wilson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Multiplayer Isn't Working

Post by Mr.Wilson »

So my buddy and I are both running the newest version on steam and only one of us is able to create and play on multiplayer servers. Whenever I try to create a new map it says " Unexpected characters at C:\Users\ncarmell99\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\server-id.json" it will also say this if i try to join a server as well. Now we've played on other versions of factorio and have used hamachi to connect to each other and play; no problems at all. So this is really starting to annoy me and my friend because this is the first time this amazing game has given any issues. So any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S im not terribly tech savvy so please be patient with me =)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Multiplayer Isn't Working

Post by posila »

Hi, delete C:\Users\ncarmell99\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\server-id.json
It's used to preserve server ID when host restarts server, so that players can easily rejoin. The file seems to have corrupted somehow on your computer, but it's not important, you can delete it without breaking anything.

Return to “Technical Help”