Desync issues and map download speed issues, help!

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
thetekkitboss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Desync issues and map download speed issues, help!

Post by thetekkitboss »

Hi all,
Since me and my friends bought this game, it has always capped map download speed at 200Kbps. We all have 20+ Mbps upload, and 200Mbps download. In fact, one friend has 800Mbps. I am the server host, and i have checked everywhere online with no result, to figure out why this caps like this. I've seen streamers with perfect download speed, and it isn't a problem itself until the map gets to sizes past 30MB, where it literally takes more than 2 minutes to join the server. It is not a hard drive speed issue, we are all running SSD's, all of our computers are WELL capable of running anything we could imagine, and yet factorio caps at 200Kbps. This is my first problem. My second problem is that for whatever reason, even though I'm the host and I download the map at 10Mb/s (mind you my home network is capable of a Gigabyte per second) I end up desyncing every time I join. I've tried 20 times ( I counted) and still nothing. I'll attach the desync report and the map of question in a separate post, since this is my first one and it's not allowed. I am ready to attach anything else you might need to help. Any support is appreciated!

Thanks!
Tek

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Desync issues and map download speed issues, help!

Post by Loewchen »

For the speed problem post server and client log of the same session with the issue.
My second problem is that for whatever reason, even though I'm the host and I download the map at 10Mb/s I end up desyncing every time I join.
You can read up on what a desync is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53851, it has nothing to do with your network.

thetekkitboss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thetekkitboss »

Alright, here's the clientside and serverside log files, plus the Desync report: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Even then, what would you recommend I do with the desync issue? It's never done this before until I updated, and rolling the server plus everyone else playing it back to the previous update is kinda unfair to them.
Thanks,
Tek

Edit: Sorry for not reading that desync post first, I must've skimmed over it as I didn't notice it.
Last edited by thetekkitboss on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

thetekkitboss wrote:Even then, what would you recommend I do with the desync issue?
Remove mods until it works again, right now there are no frequent desync issues reported, so it is very likely a mod issue.

The speed issue is caused by packet loss, not sure how.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Desync is caused by research progress frame. Feel free to remove that mod and set it on fire.

thetekkitboss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thetekkitboss »

Nexela wrote:Desync is caused by research progress frame. Feel free to remove that mod and set it on fire.
Will definitely try this. I never liked it anyways, it never worked for me.

thetekkitboss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thetekkitboss »

thetekkitboss wrote:
Nexela wrote:Desync is caused by research progress frame. Feel free to remove that mod and set it on fire.
Will definitely try this. I never liked it anyways, it never worked for me.
This worked, I'm no longer getting desync errors. Any suggestions on the download speed? It happens no matter who hosts the server.

Return to “Technical Help”