[15.34] Graphics Menu Tab Bug

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
biopticship
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[15.34] Graphics Menu Tab Bug

Post by biopticship »

I have recently downloaded factorio for my laptop after using on my desktop for over a year with no issues. I tend to run factorio in windowed mode so that I can tab easily to other windows. However once I downloaded factorio it was in the default state of being in fullscreen and when I went to the graphics tab there was no back button. I can check the fullscreen button and scroll the little bit up and down, but there is no back button to confirm the changes. I also can not change the GUI scale which has been a little annoying. All other tabs like music, mods etc have the back button. There haven't been any other issues with the game so far. I am running 64 bit version 15.34 on dell xps13. Let me know if this is a known issue or if there are any issues that can be done.
Attachments
Factorio Bug.PNG
Factorio Bug.PNG (6.54 MiB) Viewed 2057 times

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [15.34] Graphics Menu Tab Bug

Post by cbhj1 »

the back button is below the scroll bar there at least on .15.36, looks like it may be rendering behind your taskbar or something due to that white bar at the bottom

as for working around your current situation, Alt + Enter will toggle the window to/from fullscreen

there is also a method to set the window with the launch options like --window-size=1366x768

biopticship
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by biopticship »

I scroll down and it doesn't show up. Also the white bar is from the screen shot editor where I circled around the bottom, where the graphics stop is where my screen ends. I have also tried to alt+enter technique but it makes even more of the screen hidden behind the window GUI.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

might I inquire about your current screen resolution?

once out of fullscreen mode, it may be possible to manipulate the window with the windows key + up or left/right, how does your window behave with these?

biopticship
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by biopticship »

Here is a better screenshot of my issue. This is the exact screen that I see.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.53 MiB) Viewed 2049 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Manually change in your config.ini (see application directory in my signature) the following values to:

Code: Select all

fullscreen=false
system-ui-scale=false
custom-ui-scale=1.00

biopticship
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by biopticship »

My screen resolution is 3200 x 1800. I am not sure what settings you are referring to in regards to the left arrow and such. Can you tell me more? Thank you for your help this far.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

that is some serious screen real estate, windows + up is the maximize shortcut, left and right are similar but for the left or right half of the screen.

if the windows + up doesn't play nice, I would follow the settings provided by Loewchen, mods here are quite knowledgeable.

biopticship
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by biopticship »

Thank you all for the help, I ended up just turning down my resolution to 1920 x 1080 and that has solved my issue. The window + arrow keys were helpful, however it messed with the display in other ways.

Return to “Technical Help”