Server at 15.35, steam at 15.34?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Theramist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Server at 15.35, steam at 15.34?

Post by Theramist »

Hi all,
Boring first post I know, I had high hopes of sharing some exciting clever in game creation but unfortunately i'm having technical issues!
I can't get my I-craft multiplayer server to show in the multiplayer browse screen. It was fine when I first ran it but now it is not working. I know why, the server has auto updated to 15.35 which is the current version as I understand it, but steam is stuck at 15.34 and anything I try doesn't seem to update it, can anyone offer some advice?
I've tried to force an update by checking integrity of files in steam, various restarts, but no joy.

If a solution isn't forthcoming then I thought I could try a full reinstall but only if someone can tell me how to backup my savegames or if they will survive a reinstall?

Thanks in advance!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Server at 15.35, steam at 15.34?

Post by Loewchen »

See my signature.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

0.15.35 is still an experimental version, you need to enable it on Steam by right-clicking Factorio, then go to Properties --> Betas tab --> choose '0.15.35' or '0.15.x' from there.
Theramist wrote:If a solution isn't forthcoming then I thought I could try a full reinstall but only if someone can tell me how to backup my savegames or if they will survive a reinstall?
Savegames are not affected when installing/uninstalling Factorio, they are stored separately in %appdata%\Factorio.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Theramist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Theramist »

daniel34 wrote:0.15.35 is still an experimental version, you need to enable it on Steam by right-clicking Factorio, then go to Properties --> Betas tab --> choose '0.15.35' or '0.15.x' from there.
Perfect, thank you!
Of course it was something simple, doesn't take much to stump me...

Return to “Technical Help”