trying to load a old map

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
smiley meow cat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

trying to load a old map

Post by smiley meow cat »

i haven't played factorio in a while and i was trying to play one of my old maps on version 0.12.35-0 and i get this error

...Data/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:1: module defines not found; no such file C:/Users/potato/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/defines.lua no such file C:/Users/potato/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/defines.lua no such file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/defines.lua

i've tried everything i could think of to fix this problem but nothing has seemed to work, i honestly just want to save what i've built on the map and i don't mind losing my items. i had some other maps that were on the same version and they loaded up so im not sure if my map is just gone forever or if there's a way to save it, any help would be greatly appreciated

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: trying to load a old map

Post by posila »

Upload the save you can't load, please.

smiley meow cat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

sorry for the late reply, here is the save file and if it helps any i do also have a copy of the map on a scenario but it gives the same error when i try play off of that save.
Attachments
vape.zip
(13.84 MiB) Downloaded 45 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

I am also sorry for late reply (busy weekend). I can load the save without trouble, are you sure you uploaded the broken one?
I loaded it and resaved it in 0.15.34
Attachments
vape_0.15_resave.zip
(14.55 MiB) Downloaded 42 times

smiley meow cat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

hmm that's odd, well thank you for your help i will try play this one and i guess if it doesn't work ill reinstall factorio.

Return to “Technical Help”