It is important that you provide all the necessary information so that your issue can be resolved without time consuming Question-Answer cycles.
- Read the Technical Help FAQ
- Read the Known issues
- Use the advanced search, you can limit it to only look in the Technical help sub-forum, don't make a sentence, use keywords like: Crash, load, start, inserter, train,...
Current version can be seen in the Releases board.
Make a useful title
- start with the version number of the latest version YOU had experienced the issue with in square brackets: [0.12.22]
Do NOT use a range of versions:
[0.12.XX]or [12.19 to 12.22]
- two things should be included in the title: What happened and in what context: Crash when setting train schedule. Bad:
Describe the problem as best as you can
- What did you do?
- What happened?
- What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
- Write down the steps to reproduce the issue if you know them.
- Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
- Be precise! When i click with the mouse on Quit in the main menu... Not:
When I close the game.
- log-file, for every report!
- save-file (located in the saves folder in the Application directory)
- .ziped mods folder
- when reporting performance problems see here
google-drive, Dropbox, WeTransfer