lost marathon progress

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
antimate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

lost marathon progress

Post by antimate »

played a game yesteday on version 0.15.31. and been doing so in a few days now. had a saved game running yesteday shut down my pc (hard shutdown after turning off the game) doing this because my pc keeps resetting all the time, even if i tell it to shut down it just resets... anyway. when i started the game today it would not let me play. it just saids that its from version 0.15.30 even though on the front it saids 0.15.31....

have a string for the map:
>>>AAAPAB8AAAADAwcAAAAEAAAAY29hbAMDAwoAAABjb3BwZXItb3Jl
AwQECQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAMDBQoAAABlbmVteS1iYXNlBAQDCAAAAGl
yb24tb3JlAwQFBQAAAHN0b25lAwMDCwAAAHVyYW5pdW0tb3JlAwUF8y
2h6ICEHgCAhB4ABQABAQF7FK5H4XqUPwEAAAAAAAAuQAEAAAAAAADwP
wEAAAAAAFi7QAEAAAAAAOCFQAEAAAAAAFirQAEAAAAAAIjDQAEAAAAA
AECfQAEAAAAAAEB/QAEAAAAAAECPQAEzMzMzMzPzPwEzMzMzMzPzPwF
7FK5H4Xp0PwEAAQAAAAAAAAhAAQAAAAAAAAhAAXsUrkfheoQ/AQABAQ
GN7bWg98bQPgH8qfHSTWJgPwFpHVVNEHXvPgEBAQcAAAABAgAAAAECA
AAAAZqZmZmZmbk/AQAAAAAAAABAAQAAAAAAAOA/AZqZmZmZmdk/Ac3M
zMzMzOw/AQUAAAABFAAAAAFAOAAAAcBLAwABEA4AAAGgjAAAASAcAAA
BAAAAAAAAPkABAAAAAAAAFEABZmZmZmZm9j8BMzMzMzMz4z8BMzMzMz
Mz0z8BAAAAAAAACEABAAAAAAAAJEABPAAAAAEeAAAAAcgAAAABBQAAA
AEAAAAAAAAAQAEBAQAAAAAAAFlAAQUAAAABGQAAAAEAAAAAAAAkQAEy
AAAAAQAAAAAAAD5AAWQAAAABmpmZmZmZyT8BMzMzMzMzwz8BMzMzMzM
z0z8BMzMzMzMz0z8BAAAAAAAAJEABAAAAAAAANEABAAAAAAAAPkABAA
AAAAAAFEABAAAAAAAAPkABAAAAAAAAJEABAAAAAAAACEABCgAAAAFkA
AAAAWQAAAAB6AMAAAEAAAAAAADgPwHQBwAAAQAAAAAAQH9AAwAAAAEB
AAAAAAAAEEBhi3L2<<<

played about 8 hours on this map. so it's alot of work to do over. so i hope you can help me.

have tried to hack the save game a little by changing level.dat file from 0.15.3 to 0.15.31 but when i try to start the game up it just saids my copy is corrupted. sooo. great! still have the original untouched. but could anyone help me get my game up and running again??? have posted a picture of what i get told.

should format my pc soon. so it starts to behave normal again.
Attachments
factorio.PNG
factorio.PNG (3.22 MiB) Viewed 2367 times

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: lost marathon progress

Post by Jap2.0 »

Try clicking load instead of viewing the replay.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

antimate
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by antimate »

Jap2.0 wrote:Try clicking load instead of viewing the replay.
"indlæs" means load. so that is what i do. it will not work. just tried all of my auto saved. and they have the same mistake.....

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Well, clicking load shouldn't give you errors about replays. I would post this as a bug and see what the developers have to say.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

I don't play with replays, but I expect they will be extremely sensitive to factorio version changes. So the change from 0.15.30 to 0.15.31 could well have made the replay incompatible with the new version. Also be very careful when turning power off to a computer. If the hard disk is still writing data, then you can cause dataloss.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Zavian wrote:I don't play with replays, but I expect they will be extremely sensitive to factorio version changes. So the change from 0.15.30 to 0.15.31 could well have made the replay incompatible with the new version. Also be very careful when turning power off to a computer. If the hard disk is still writing data, then you can cause dataloss.
The point is, he's trying to load the game, not do a replay. This is exactly the message I'd expect if he was trying to view the replay.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Yeah. My guess is that if you turn save replay on during game creation, and then later try to load that saved game the code potentially does does a version check between the game version and the version the specified in the savegame/replay file. If the two don't match then you probably get an error of some sort. And possibly that error is exactly the same error that the game displays when trying to do a replay (indeed I wouldn't be surprised if the same code was responsible for the version check and error message in both scenarios).

Perhaps a dev could comment whether this is expected behaviour? And whether they felt the error message could be better worded if indeed it is shown in both scenarios.

Return to “Technical Help”