Settings on headless server (Windows)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ActivistLime02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Settings on headless server (Windows)

Post by ActivistLime02 »

I can succesfully play and launch the server but i don't know how to change the server settings. On the Factorio wiki it says "To create a server settings file, look at the example file located in data/server-settings.example.json in the Factorio Application Directory. The recommended way is to make a copy of this example file and edit the copy." So my question is copy it to where?

AlienX
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Settings on headless server (Windows)

Post by AlienX »

Hey,
Simply copy and paste the file to where the current file is located, but rename it correctly.

At the end of it, you should have the files named:
- server-settings.example.json
- server-settings.json << -- Edit this one

Hope this helps.

ActivistLime02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ActivistLime02 »

AlienX wrote:Hey,
Simply copy and paste the file to where the current file is located, but rename it correctly.

At the end of it, you should have the files named:
- server-settings.example.json
- server-settings.json << -- Edit this one

Hope this helps.
Do i also need to change my start.bat file? Now it is
Factorio.exe --start-server "Mega base 4.zip"
Should I add something to this?

AlienX
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlienX »

Hey,
I don't think so... it should load the settings file for you - if it does not there is a --server-setting startup argument you can use to point to the settings file.

Also, you want to use --start-server-load-latest on it's own instead of specifying a map file.

Example:

Code: Select all

factorio.exe --start-server-load-latest
This parameter will ensure that whenever the server is started, it will always load the latest save from the "saves" folder, this is useful when using Factorio's Auto-Save functionality.

ActivistLime02
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ActivistLime02 »

AlienX wrote:Hey,
I don't think so... it should load the settings file for you - if it does not there is a --server-setting startup argument you can use to point to the settings file.

Also, you want to use --start-server-load-latest on it's own instead of specifying a map file.

Example:

Code: Select all

factorio.exe --start-server-load-latest
This parameter will ensure that whenever the server is started, it will always load the latest save from the "saves" folder, this is useful when using Factorio's Auto-Save functionality.
Okay thanks for the help AlienX.

Return to “Technical Help”