how to keep playing in v0.14 but also try 0.15

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

how to keep playing in v0.14 but also try 0.15

Post by foodfactorio »

Hi I currently have a solo and coop game, using v0.14 of factorio.
it would be nice to be able to finish these current games, yet also would be nice to try out the new version as well, because i think it will be quite a while before we are able to complete our coop game, due to game time scheduling etc.

i keep seeing cool new features for v0.15, and also new cool mods that have only been made for 0.15, but is there any way for me to be able to try out the new version, but either to also keep my existing version 0.14, (or to be able to safely switch between the two versions, without losing my progress?)

i currently do a backup of my steam game folder (from steams common folder)
and i also do backups of my local/Roaming/Factorio folder (with all the contents, mods/saves etc)

would this be sufficient, and if i just copy and paste each versions, original folders, whenever i need to swap version sets, would this be sufficient and actually work?

thanks if you can help :)
btw if i need to only play 0.15 saves with v0.15, and only 0.14 saves with v0.14, that is ok too
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: how to keep playing in v0.14 but also try 0.15

Post by DaveMcW »

1. Link your steam account to a Factorio.com account.
2. Download the 0.15 zip package.

You can copy your saves between versions, but you can't copy the Steam files.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: how to keep playing in v0.14 but also try 0.15

Post by foodfactorio »

Thanks dave for the info,
ill get the experimental zip and soon be trying out the new version :)

Edit = it worked thanks :)

nice tech tree btw too
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Return to “Technical Help”