Contents of config-path.cfg (Linux)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
beco
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Contents of config-path.cfg (Linux)

Post by beco »

Dear support,

What exactly should the config-path.cfg file contains?

For now, I am using this line, and I created a folder ./factorio/config
But I am not sure if that is the correct way to set up.

Code: Select all

$ cat config-path.cfg 
config-path=/home/Programs/factorio/config
#config-path=__PATH__executable__/../../config

#This value specifies the way the aplication generates default values for path.read-data and path.write-data
#When set to true, it will use system directories (Users/Name/AppData/Roaming/Factorio on windows), this is set to true
#for the installer versions of Factorio, as people will usualy install it in program files, and the aplication can't write
#to program files by default (without UAC turned off), similar with osx/linux packages.
#When set to false (default value for zip package), it will use application root directory, this is usable to create self-sustainable
#Factorio directory that can be copied anywhere needed (on usb etc), also for people, who don't like to manipulate saves
#in the windows users directory structure (as me, kovarex).
#Note, that once the values in config are generated, this value has no effects (unless you delete config, or the path.read-data/path.write-data values)
use-system-read-write-data-directories=false
Thank you.

Béco

beco
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Contents of config-path.cfg (Linux)

Post by beco »

An answer from the official team would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Technical Help”