factorio has stopped working

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
mccreery93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

factorio has stopped working

Post by mccreery93 »

Factorio gives me a stopped working error ever time i try to load it had the same issue with steam a few days ago but just started using the normal version was working just fine a day or so later it started doing the same thing but re-downloading it would start it working again. .........until today now that dosnt even work it gives me a File C:/Program files/factorio/data/core/unknown key:'font.default-mono' not found...........so i have come here for help i would like a real fix but a bandage at least lets me get my crack fix...........

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: factorio has stopped working

Post by TruePikachu »

Firstly, have you run a disk check recently? It sounds like it might be possible that your hard drive is starting to fail.

For Steam, have you tried verifying the game cache?

Can you confirm the error message, or post a picture of it? What you said doesn't quite sound correct.

What version of Windows and Factorio?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Technical help
Could you please add a logfile from the crash ? And give us more detail about your setup ?
Too much information is better than not enough.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mccreery93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mccreery93 »

Giving me a diffrent error this time. and windows 7 nividea 720 i think graphics amd fx(tm)-6300 six core processor 3.5 ghz. havent ran disk check will go do that.
Attachments
factori crash.png
factori crash.png (2.99 MiB) Viewed 1658 times
factori crash2.png
factori crash2.png (2.2 MiB) Viewed 1658 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

mccreery93 wrote:Factorio gives me a stopped working error ever time i try to load it had the same issue with steam a few days ago but just started using the normal version was working just fine a day or so later it started doing the same thing but re-downloading it would start it working again. .........until today now that dosnt even work it gives me a File C:/Program files/factorio/data/core/unknown key:'font.default-mono' not found...........so i have come here for help i would like a real fix but a bandage at least lets me get my crack fix...........
In what language do you play the game? Do you use any mods? Can you post Factorio log (located in %APPDATA%\Factorio\factorio-current.log)?

mccreery93
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mccreery93 »

i play in english i have tryed with and without mods right now i was just using squick thru bottle neck
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(2 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Return to “Technical Help”