Server lag

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
daggot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Server lag

Post by daggot »

A few days ago, before .15.10 came out, our dedicated server started lagging pretty bad. We updated to .15.10 and things were better for a few minutes, but now we're lagging pretty bad. Our map save is still under 20mb, though we did just explore a ton of the map on a semi-large factory. We're not seeing any comments, posts or tweets about other having lag issues. When I load the save file locally it runs fine. We haven't ruled out hosting issues with the service, but figured I'd post here too to see if anyone else is having issues.

daggot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Server lag

Post by daggot »

We started another MP game on a different server. The save file has gotten to around 20mb in size (not sure how else to measure map size). We're starting to get lag again. So, now we have two games where the lag has gotten pretty bad on a large factory. We're going to try to test disabling the logistics network and see if the number of bots running around may be a limiting factor. Both games are vanilla, so there shouldn't be any crazy memory usage. This second server has 4gb, so we certainly shouldn't be hitting a memory limit. Possible we're hitting a cpu limit from what I'm reading.

Anyone else hitting lag on a large map with .15.10?

daggot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Server lag

Post by daggot »

Not sure what kind of stats would be useful. Made note of some of the bigger numbers. This is from our previous 15.10 game.
Bots:
Logistics: 13k
Construction: 4.7k

Sprites: 5152
Total entities: ~841k
Active: ~88k
Connectors: 1.5m
Chunks: 9193
Pather calls: 23k

I'll post the 15.11 current game after a while.

Return to “Technical Help”