Prompts for username & password every time

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Prompts for username & password every time

Post by Zarnoo »

OK, not a major problem, but every time I load factorio it asks me for my username & password. Am I doing something wrong ?

Z

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Prompts for username & password every time

Post by orzelek »

Please check if Factorio can properly write file named player-data.json in write directory (in appdata or game folder depending on install).
It should store your token there by default.

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

orzelek wrote:Please check if Factorio can properly write file named player-data.json in write directory (in appdata or game folder depending on install).
It should store your token there by default.
Should be able to.. it can create save files etc, and I'm in the admin group on the laptop.

Z

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Delete the player-data.json file, that might help. Factorio will recreate it at the next launch.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

daniel34 wrote:Delete the player-data.json file, that might help. Factorio will recreate it at the next launch.
Actually creating a blank file which then get overwritten next time seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for your help, would never have known which file to look for otherwise.

Z

Zarnoo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zarnoo »

Zarnoo wrote:
daniel34 wrote:Delete the player-data.json file, that might help. Factorio will recreate it at the next launch.
Actually creating a blank file which then get overwritten next time seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for your help, would never have known which file to look for otherwise.

Z
And suddenly it's started prompting every time again.. OK, it's not a major thing, but a bit annoying. I have checked the player_data.json file, and the username field is blank, but the "service-token" has a value.

Z

Bootscreen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bootscreen »

Hello,

i have currently the same problem. I already deleted my player-data.json. But the problem still exists. The service-username and service-token is filled with my username and the correct token (i tested the token with the linux mod updater script). Is there anything what i can do or must i wait until it was fixed by the devs?

Greetings Bootscreen

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

i had issues on my PC recently with the config file being uneditable. i ended up having to repair special permissions on the game path.

my install path is c:\games\factorio. (this is not a proper user space so the OS wants to lock it down and prevent writes)

we change that from an elevated command prompt by altering the folder permissions to specifically allow admins and myself.

This command resets the folder as trusted. the OS will treat it as a user space and not require elevation to use it.
ICACLS "c:\games\factorio" /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)H /t

now we need to add ourselves to the folder explicitly as well. my user name is "hurk"
This command adds to any existing permissions i have, or else adds otherwise. it grants special, full permissions for my user account. so that my user, without any elevation allows full read/write. to the folder, all files, and all sub folders.
icacls "C:\games\factorio" /grant:r Hurk:(f) /t

Return to “Technical Help”