Walking Belts/inserters rotating without hitting "R"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Anthony1187
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Walking Belts/inserters rotating without hitting "R"

Post by Anthony1187 »

Every time I am walking through my factory as I hover over belts or inserters or anything that can be rotated, objects will automatically rotate in some cases without me hitting "R" key. Super annoying. Help!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Walking Belts/inserters rotating without hitting "R"

Post by Loewchen »

You will have to investigate what exactly happens when they rotate, most likely you are using some key binding without knowing it.

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

You might hit R by accident when trying to pick something up with F - Trust me, we´ve all been there :D
To make sure it isnt your keybinding, you could temporarily bind the rotate-key to something like O or L

Caennanu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Caennanu »

also something that might help.
when you use a macro mouse or keyboard, make sure the macro keys are empty or disabled when running factorio.

i've had multiple occasions where i would press a macro key for another game and end up having to catch up the next 5 minutes as there is no way to interrupt it :P

Anthony1187
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Anthony1187 »

Ya I am definitely not hitting the "R" key. I am fairly an expert when it comes to keyboard strokes as I am constanly typing and doing data entry at my job, so hitting the "R" accidentally is not the problem. Maybe it is that I am playing on MAC? I have the touch sensitivity on my track pad turned to tap, so maybe that is it.

Return to “Technical Help”