[0.15.5] Can't connect to multiplayer, then crash when quit

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.5] Can't connect to multiplayer, then crash when quit

Post by mattj256 »

Factorio 0.15.5
Ubuntu Linux 16.04
Linux kernel: 4.4.0-75-generic
Intel® Core™ i3-2348M CPU @ 2.30GHz × 4
Graphics: Intel® Sandybridge Mobile
4 GB RAM

A little background: single-player is fine. My computer is not especially fast, and when I first bought Factorio I would desync on multiplayer ALL the time because my computer couldn't keep up. After the multiplayer optimizations were released I could play multiplayer with no problems. Since 0.15 I've been consistently having problems connecting to multiplayer. (I see a lot of "heartbeat outside latency window" in my log file.) I was able to play multiplayer once in 0.15, but most of the time my connection times out. (The "server is not responding" bar fills up more quickly than the "downloading map" bar.)

Today's crash:
(1) Try to connect to Arumba's multiplayer server. (33 players, 10 hours playtime, probably a huge map)
(2) Map sloowly downloads. The "server is not responding" bar is filling up more quickly than the "downloading map" bar.
(3) While the map is still downloading I press "back" in the menu, go back to "Play -> Browse multiplayer games"
(4) Click on a multiplayer game from the list to get information about it. (Don't try to join.)
(5) Multiplayer server finally times out.
(6) The choices are "quit" and "reconnect" and I press "quit". No obvious effect.
(7) I press an option on the normal Factorio menu and the game crashes.

Thanks for your help!
Matthew
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(326.66 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.5] Can't connect to multiplayer, then crash when quit

Post by Loewchen »

I assume a network limitation between you and the server. When you download the map, the heartbeat packets do not get through anymore, so the connection is dropped.

Return to “Technical Help”