update downloads but wont update

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
billy10drs
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

update downloads but wont update

Post by billy10drs »

Hey all,

So steam autoupdated my factorio, however when I open the game it still shows up as 0.14.23. I tried changing to an experimental build and then back to stable build but it keeps reverting to 0.14.23. I am on a mac. Any suggestions?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: update downloads but wont update

Post by daniel34 »

0.15 is an experimental release, you need to keep it set to experimental to play it.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

billy10drs
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by billy10drs »

daniel34 wrote:0.15 is an experimental release, you need to keep it set to experimental to play it.
Really? Then why did it autoupdate in the first place? I thought it was a stable release.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

billy10drs wrote:
daniel34 wrote:0.15 is an experimental release, you need to keep it set to experimental to play it.
Really? Then why did it autoupdate in the first place? I thought it was a stable release.
It did autoupdate, but only to 0.14.23 (the stable) which was released at the same time as 0.15.0 (the experimental).

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

We released stable 0.14.23 in parallel to experimental 0.15.0 because of deprecating 32bit builds in 0.15. 32bit 0.14.23 shows message about it not being updated anymore. We also used the release to port some extra fixes to 0.14, mainly for desync issues so people can keep playing more or less stable version if they don't want to bother with buggy experimental builds.

billy10drs
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by billy10drs »

daniel34 wrote:
billy10drs wrote:
It did autoupdate, but only to 0.14.23 (the stable) which was released at the same time as 0.15.0 (the experimental).
Oh word. Can you tell how excited I am about 0.15? Lol.

Johandoro
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Johandoro »

Alright I got confused now :/ I've checked the 'experimental versions' on steam (Win 10 64-bit) but it still didn't downloaded 0.15 :geek:
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Johandoro wrote:Alright I got confused now :/ I've checked the 'experimental versions' on steam (Win 10 64-bit) but it still didn't downloaded 0.15 :geek:
You did set it in the Betas dropdown, correct? Right-click on Factorio in the Steam library, select Properties, go to the Betas tab and select 0.15.x - Factorio 0.15 Experimental. Then wait until Steam has downloaded the update.

Return to “Technical Help”