Paused server and catching up?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Plawerth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Paused server and catching up?

Post by Plawerth »

Why would a paused server need catching up?

I have used the server setting where it pauses the server if no one is logged on:

"_comment_auto_pause":
"Whether should the server be paused when no players are present.",
"auto_pause": true,

Yet when I connect with no one else on the server, and after downloading the map, I have to sit there and wait about 5-10 minutes for my computer to catch up.

What my computer catching up to? The server is supposed to be paused and doing nothing until someone has joined.

(If the server unpauses immediately on connect, while I am still downloading the map, this appears to be a bug and not how this is supposed to work.)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Paused server and catching up?

Post by daniel34 »

Plawerth wrote:(If the server unpauses immediately on connect, while I am still downloading the map, this appears to be a bug and not how this is supposed to work.)
I think that's exactly how it currently works.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Plawerth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Plawerth »

How do I pause the game from the console, so that I can re-pause my linux headless Factorio via SSH until the map download/catch-up finishes?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

daniel34 wrote:
Plawerth wrote:(If the server unpauses immediately on connect, while I am still downloading the map, this appears to be a bug and not how this is supposed to work.)
Its fixed in 0.15, so that the game will only unpause once the download is finished

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Klonan wrote:
daniel34 wrote:
Its fixed in 0.15, so that the game will only unpause once the download is finished
Another bug bites the dust.
But again, IN 0.15!!!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Moved to technical help.

Plawerth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Plawerth »

Was this ever actually added to the game? I don't understand what I am seeing, even with 0.16.x.

1. Empty server. It is paused with no one logged on.
2. Join server. See message "downloading map".
3. Then a "catching up" progress bar appears, and may take many minutes to reach 100%.

...???

If the server's game is paused with no one on it, then apparently I should be able to download and immediately join without ever seeing the "catching up" progress bar...

Return to “Technical Help”