In late game sound problems!!!

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ChrisV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

In late game sound problems!!!

Post by ChrisV »

Hello guys,

At first the game worked perfectly, but when i did little bigger factory (18k each robots...) my sound started being troublesome ( i am not sure if it is because that or not but it only happens on that save file ). It stopes working for few seconds and than it is like it resets and plays in one milisec everything that happend when it wasn't working. The worse part about this is that it happens with every pc program ( talking to friend on skype and when i am not playing factorio works perfectly, when i start factorio does the same thing that i just wrote.) Last time i played factorio it went even further. After some time stopping sound like i wrote above, it just went quiet and small window from skype jumped and it sayed that it can't finde any sound device. When i went to check in sound devices if there was my headset, it was there but there was no sound.

My PC:

Amd fx-6300
Nvidia gforce gtx750ti 2gb
8gb ddr3 ram

Thanks to everyone that boders to read this, sorry for any mistake in writing this (my english is not great :))

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: In late game sound problems!!!

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log after a session with this issue. See the FAQ on where to find it.

ChrisV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ChrisV »

Loewchen wrote:Post the log after a session with this issue. See the FAQ on where to find it.
So here is my log, save file and my mods:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/soazqd6yb48k ... eGNwa?dl=0

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

You are playing on 0.13.20, update to the newest 0.14.22 (which I think also has better sound logging) and if it still happens upload a new log file.

I'm suspecting it's an issue with your OS installation or sound drivers/hardware though, Factorio should not be able to change the sound settings or remove the sound device. Since it is a headset it might be a connection issue or bad contact along the cable.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

ChrisV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ChrisV »

daniel34 wrote:You are playing on 0.13.20, update to the newest 0.14.22 (which I think also has better sound logging) and if it still happens upload a new log file.

I'm suspecting it's an issue with your OS installation or sound drivers/hardware though, since Factorio should not be able to change the sound settings or remove the sound device. Since it is a headset it might be a connection issue or bad contact along the cable.
i tried to play with 0.14.22 but than i can't have this mod solar panel, it wasn't made for these newer version of factorio. And i don't think that it is an issue with os or my headset because it only happens when i play this save of factorio. It doesn't happen with any other game. I was playing now factorio again for about half an hour and now my sound went down again. -.-

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

I loaded your save and mods in 0.13.20 and it has been running without issues for 20 minutes with a USB headset plugged in, but you mentioned it working for half an hour so we'll see.

How often does the sound cut out and for how long? Does it happen more often after the first time?
ChrisV wrote:i tried to play with 0.14.22 but than i can't have this mod solar panel, it wasn't made for these newer version of factorio.
I updated the mod to 0.14, you can update Factorio now :D
SolarMod_1.0.3.zip
SolarMod 1.0.3, updated to 0.14
(23.65 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

ChrisV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ChrisV »

daniel34 wrote:I loaded your save and mods in 0.13.20 and it has been running without issues for 20 minutes with a USB headset plugged in, but you mentioned it working for half an hour so we'll see.

How often does the sound cut out and for how long? Does it happen more often after the first time?
ChrisV wrote:i tried to play with 0.14.22 but than i can't have this mod solar panel, it wasn't made for these newer version of factorio.
I updated the mod to 0.14, you can update Factorio now :D
SolarMod_1.0.3.zip

Thank you man, you are the best, i will try it now in 0.14.22. I wish I could show you somehow how it happens to me, i played cs:go, used to play gta V, and lot more other games for hours and it has never happened to me, except in this version

ChrisV
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ChrisV »

For now (1 hour) it still works fine on 0.14.22. So thank you for your help :)

Return to “Technical Help”