Game Crashes

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Ingress
Inserter
Inserter

Game Crashes

Post by Ingress »

So I have been playing Facterio for about a month now and I must say I love it. It truly is a thinking mans game and I love the planning and puzzles you must face to get stuff working properly. With that being said the game crashes on me. I am playing and it jus freezes and I have to Ctrl.Alt,Delete, task manager the stop app then restart game and reload from recent auto save. It is not really a big deal but it is more annoying that anything. I have attempted to validate the files and it works fine. I am running full Vanilla and have no mods. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the game. I know it is not a hardware issue due to the face that I have a new computer that I build and all the drivers are up to date. The only thing I can thinks is a software issue which I am not to good with software. Any ideas or help would be awesome. And I have submitted my first factory to Xterminator new Factory series with that as the first comment so anyone, anything?

V/R
Star Colonel Ingress Kerensky
Clan Wolf 6th Battalion
Sarna

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Game Crashes

Post by Rseding91 »

Does the log file show any crash?

If not, then it's some other software on your computer or hardware issue. Just because you built/bought the computer recently doesn't mean it's hardware defect free.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Ingress
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ingress »

Where do I find the log at and how do I tell if there is a crash?
I have played about 10 games and the only one that crashes is Facterio. Ark, Resident Evil, WOW, Battlefield 1, The Island, Empyrion Galactic Survival, Keppler Space Program, MechWarrior Online, and Force of Nature all work with no issues.

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

To find log:
Press Windows key + R.
Type in: %appdata%/Factorio
There, you will find both factorio-current.log and factorio-previous.log. You can either read them yourself via the editor, or upload them as an attachment.
While you're at it:
Press Windows Key + R.
Type in: dxdiag
Once the program that just opened is done, save to text file and upload that too. This contains your entire hardware configuration.

Return to “Technical Help”