"Zoom and Train" - The crashing duo

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

"Zoom and Train" - The crashing duo

Post by Tepalus »

Hey there, Factorios

My problems are the trains and the overall zoom and I did not find any solution to my problem except downgrading my graphics to the absolute lowest settings.

The Train Problem
Every time i want to open the trainsettings to give them orders where to go, change colours or want to simply refill them, my whole computer crashes and i have to reload the game (luckily it loads very quit, GJ dev's :) ), my solution was to change the settings to the lowest every time i want to change my trains. Has anyone else a better idea of how to fix this issue/problem?

The Map Problem
Do you know the feelin? You just want to zoom out and watch your factory working. Me too but since i've started playing factorio i was never allowed to fully zoom out to see my factory. My game crashes (and the whole laptop with it) when i zoom out to much. Even going into the lowest graphic settings did not work. Has anyone a solution? And no, a new pc is no option at the moment

I hope i'm in the right forum-topic right now, hehe
'Tep
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: "Zoom and Train" - The crashing duo

Post by Loewchen »

Post the logs with the crashes, see the FAQ on how to find them.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Tepalus wrote:My problems are the trains and the overall zoom and I did not find any solution to my problem except downgrading my graphics to the absolute lowest settings.
That sounds like your hardware doesn't meet the minimum requirements to play the game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Tepalus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tepalus »

Thansk for your answer.

It acually can be that i don't have the minimum requirements but i have solved the problem by try and error. Sometimes i can manage my trains and when not, i just change the settings to "very low" and can play.
As long as factorio runs fluently i am hapyp with it :)
Factorio in a Nutshell
try and error, try and error, try and success
once again it is friday, once again i'm waiting for the news
hour for hour for hour it goes, where it stops nobody knows

Return to “Technical Help”