Friend can't connect to me even tho ports are forwarded

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
EpicDave
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Friend can't connect to me even tho ports are forwarded

Post by EpicDave »

EDIT
ok so i checked the log and his port number was totally wrong. tho he never changed it so i dont know it was set to something different than the default.

We are both running the latest version of factorio. we both have ports forwardered. everytime he tries to connect to my game it drops him immediately then says he couldn't establish connection with server because he was reconnecting from another source. I have absolutely no Idea what that means. We have played together in the past but I was on a laptop at the time. Also the game is allowed through the firewall on both my computer and his. Any help would be appreciated. Also just to clarify my other friend can connect to me just fine so I don't think its me.

Slayn25
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friend can't connect to me even tho ports are forwarded

Post by Slayn25 »

I had trouble connecting via steam or by direct IP so I created a public game and put a password on it which my friend was able to find.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Friend can't connect to me even tho ports are forwarded

Post by Loewchen »

Post the logs of both parties from the same connection attempt.

Return to “Technical Help”