Raspberry pi

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
wsslfnstr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Raspberry pi

Post by wsslfnstr »

Is it possible to Run a server headless on a raspberry Pi?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Raspberry pi

Post by prg »

There's no ARM executable, so... technically, yes, in an emulator. For practical purposes, no.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

wsslfnstr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by wsslfnstr »

prg wrote:There's no ARM executable, so... technically, yes, in an emulator. For practical purposes, no.
And on debain as commando line? Just Linux?

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

wsslfnstr wrote:And on debain as commando line? Just Linux?
Not exactly sure what you're asking. You're going to need an ARM executable if you want to get any kind of performance out of the server.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Raspberry PI have an ARM architecture. If your raspberry is under Raspbian or an ARM debian, the problem is the same, application are compiled for an architecture. Linux no arm executable (as factorio) doesn't run on linux ARM. You will need to emulate to make it working but on a raspberry you can forget that. Other solution would be the dev to compile factorio for ARM, but they do not.

In all case I don't think Raspberry could run a factorio headless smoothly for a large base.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

soulgriever
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by soulgriever »

Id personaly love to see if a client would be feasible on the pi3b. armv8 (pi 3 processor) has a 1.2ghz(base clock you can sometimes get more playing the silicone lottery) quad core processor that unlike previous pi generations is 64bit compatible and also like the pi 2 carries a gig of ram. so im not sure how much of a diffrence there is these days between arm and x86 with the arm processors getting more juice (I know the instructions are still diffrent) but if the devs released an arm build I guess the biggest drawback would be the ram?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

It is very unlikely we will ever release Linux build for ARM, and if we will, I am sure we won't support cross-multiplayer with x64 builds.
ARMs don't come even close to x64 when it comes to performance. http://www.passmark.com/forum/general/4 ... nd-desktop

Even though Factorio might look like it was released in 1999, it won't run on just any potato :)
I would be almost more reasonable to port new Call of Duty to Raspberry Pi, they would just turn down graphics, there is no gameplay mechanic that would require tons of CPU power.

Return to “Technical Help”