Headless Server help Mods

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Fragomatic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Headless Server help Mods

Post by Fragomatic »

I have set up at server that is up and running. we tested it before trying to add mods.

Now we want to ilstall the mod spacebook so we can make different spawn points, grupes and so on.

Now my problem. i have been looking everywhere for a guide on how to install mods to the Factorio Headless Dedicated Server.
Just to stop most people. I'm not talking about the files that follows Factorio you get from steam. so please do not start telling me to go to %appdata%\factorio\mods to add the mod there. for the server to be able to use it.

This is a stand alone headless server. that has nothing to do with the files from the game get you from steam.

So can anyone help me here on how i can install the mods onto the headless server on windows? i would be very thankfull.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Headless Server help Mods

Post by daniel34 »

With the headless server it's the same as the normal game: you put them into the mods folder.

It is located in the same folder where you extracted the server files to and where your saves are, it usually is /opt/factorio or /usr/share/factorio. You should find a few folders in the factorio folder: bin, data, config, saves and mods. If there is no mods folder yet then create one, then put your mods into the mods folder. Factorio will load the mods the next time it starts.

You also need to have the same mods that are on the server installed on all the clients.

EDIT: I just noticed that you mentioned running the headless server on Windows, using the zip version I assume. It should be the same procedure as mentioned above. If you are using the installer or steam version then the mods folder is in %appdata%.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Fragomatic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Headless Server help Mods

Post by Fragomatic »

Thanks a lot. that helped. i needed to make the mods folder since it was not there to begin with. i tried all sorts of other things but this worked.

So again thanks.

Return to “Technical Help”