Steam upgraded me to 14.x

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
moon69
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Steam upgraded me to 14.x

Post by moon69 »

I was happily playing Steam v0.13.x yesterday, but when I launched Factorio just now it was 0.14.18 (build 25281, win64, steam).

I double checked in Steam -> Library -> Factorio -> Properties -> Betas and the "Select the beta" option remains at "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".

In Steam I "Deleted local content" and re-downloaded - still 0.14.18 though.

Changing the Steam beta option to "0.13.20" seems to have worked, but it warns me I won't get any updates... are there likely to be any further 0.13.x updates beyond 0.13.20? How will I know when 0.14.x is marked "stable" ?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Steam upgraded me to 14.x

Post by Klonan »

0.14 is stable, which is why you were updated

moon69
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by moon69 »

Thanks Klonan...That would explain it :)

I can't see any posts about this milestone though? The Steam News article about 0.14.18 even finishes with a message about how to get experimental versions.

I suggest to have a message in-game after a major update like this... it wasn't nice opening my save game and seeing my beloved factory in meltdown (due to missing mods).

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

moon69 wrote:Thanks Klonan...That would explain it :)

I can't see any posts about this milestone though? The Steam News article about 0.14.18 even finishes with a message about how to get experimental versions.

I suggest to have a message in-game after a major update like this... it wasn't nice opening my save game and seeing my beloved factory in meltdown (due to missing mods).
There is an announcement on steam now

Return to “Technical Help”