I started a Peaceful save for an achievement...

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Xuhybrid
Inserter
Inserter

I started a Peaceful save for an achievement...

Post by Xuhybrid »

I started a Peaceful save for an achievement and i loaded it up a week later and it's not peaceful any more... quite a surprise having my base destroyed before i knew it could happen.

Is there any way to put it back to peaceful? Clearly something happened between versions that the devs did and if i use command line, it's just going to disable achievements...

I started the save file just a couple of patches ago, around 0.14.7-8

My save file if it will help.
Solo 5 - Peaceful Lazy Bastard.zip
Solo 5 - Peaceful Lazy Bastard
(4.76 MiB) Downloaded 126 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: I started a Peaceful save for an achievement...

Post by Rseding91 »

You didn't start it in peaceful mode or it would still be in peaceful mode.

The code around that setting hasn't been touched in months so there's no way it would just "flip" back to non-peaceful.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Xuhybrid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xuhybrid »

I looked at my achievements multiple times because of the Lazy Bastard achievement i was doing. The achievements that are disabled for peaceful mode were greyed out. There was also a lot of pollution which upon loading up my save, quickly triggered an attack. You know what, go fuck yourself. Expected an actual response instead of an insult from "Factorio staff".

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Right now your pollution barely even touches the biters to the north and east and you increased iron production in the last hour (of the 7 hours playtime more than 40% of iron was smelted in the last hour) which also increased pollution. This leads me to believe that the attack you saw was the first attack on this map and therefore you thought it was peaceful all along. The only kills being 10 small biters confirms this.

Maybe you confused this save with another one you actually played on peaceful, where you saw the achievements disabled for peaceful mode greyed out?
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, do you have save of the map before loading it in 0.14.17? (I tried to create peaceful game in 0.14.7, loaded it in 0.14.17 and it was still in peaceful mode ... also loaded my old 0.11 peaceful save in 0.14, it was still peaceful)

Xuhybrid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xuhybrid »

I've looked at it a little more. Last time i played it, i played about two hours setting up turrets. This was in 0.14.17. The time i played before this was when i cleaned up my save files and all of those are from save version 0.14.14. I've tried to recreate it under these more accurate settings (sorry for the guesswork) but have been unable to do so... Not really sure what to do at this point. If we can't recreate it, it has to be user error.

It's a possibility daniel34. I restarted twice using the same settings which were definitely peaceful. All i did was click "Restart Game" in the pause menu when i realised i handcrafted too many items. Do you think this could be the issue here?

I wish i did posila, my autosaves had taken over before i realised it wasn't peaceful. It's not going to be impossible, just more challenging now i guess.

Thanks for the feedback.
Last edited by Xuhybrid on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Xuhybrid wrote:I restarted twice using the same settings which were definitely peaceful. All i did was click "Restart Game" in the pause menu when i realised i handcrafted too many items. Do you think this could be the issue here?
No, Restart Game only changes the seed of the map, it keeps all other map settings including the peaceful setting.
Xuhybrid wrote:It's not going to be impossible, just more challenging now i guess.
If you want to continue playing peaceful on this map (as you apparently did the last 7 hours :lol: ) just with peaceful actually enabled, I've fixed your save and attached it. It is set to peaceful but with achievements still enabled. ;)
Attachments
Solo 5 - Actually Peaceful.zip
(4.76 MiB) Downloaded 96 times

Xuhybrid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xuhybrid »

That's fuckin brilliant thanks! :D

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Xuhybrid wrote:That's fuckin brilliant thanks! :D
I just remembered, I forgot to remove the remaining biters from the map, so they are still set to non-peaceful. But all new biters spawned from now on are peaceful. Sorry about that :oops:

Return to “Technical Help”