Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Uforek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com

Post by Uforek »

When attempting to join a multiplayer game, I get a "Connecting to game server...", which after 30-60 seconds, disappears and I'm left with only the background.

I checked the logs of both factorio-previous.log and factorio-current.log and it appears that "Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com" is the reason I'm unable to finish the connection to the game server.

It appears that auth.factorio.com isn't being resolved. I swapped to Google DNS and the same is still happening.

Uforek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com

Post by Uforek »

Yeah, I figured Google would have their sh*t together, but apparently not. I'm using ns1.dnsimple.com for now. Cheers!

NightmareInfinity
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Could not resolve host: auth.factorio.com

Post by NightmareInfinity »

Uforek wrote:Yeah, I figured Google would have their sh*t together, but apparently not. I'm using ns1.dnsimple.com for now. Cheers!
I don't believe its googles fault at all, its DynDNS thats getting attacked. Not googles fault.
This is my Signature. There are others like it but this one is mine.

Return to “Technical Help”