[0.14.8] Constant desyncs with headless server

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Drower
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.14.8] Constant desyncs with headless server

Post by Drower »

I have a headless server running on Linux, started as 0.14.5, upgraded to 0.14.8 without going though the intermediate versions, no mods. This server has been running with nopause for a while, in the game browser it lists as 215 hours playtime. I have never seen it reach 100% cpu load, memory is fine, plenty of free disk space and I have bandwidth to spare.

The game seems to have reached a state where as soon as more than 2 players connect, any new players connecting starts desyncing. It has progressed gradually. When I started seeing it, we could have around 8 players logged in. It even happens to me sitting on the same network as the server. Also at some times when I have stopped the server (in an attempt to clear up issues), the game has crashed, failing to save the game properly. These are the only times I have experienced the game crashing. I am also experiencing the issue where a desynced client repeatedly tries to reconnect several times, up to around 10 times or so. (I have read that max is supposed to be 3 attempts.)

This is the same server as with this issue: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=32981 That player appears 3 times in the list of players when using /players.

Is this solveable? Or should I just file a bug report? Any other experiences with the same problem?

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.8] Constant desyncs with headless server

Post by Smarty »

are you using mods?

Drower
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drower »

Smarty wrote:are you using mods?
No mods.

reddutton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reddutton »

note taht i am the one that is ( well not physicly but server side) logged in the 3 times ( see screen shots on linked post at top) and after the server was updated to 14.8 i was only able to login that one day the next i was unable to catch up or had desyncs on login not able to see the terain

well i am logging in but with desyncs or not being able to catch up at all to the server clean download of factorio 14.8 zip

NOTE: after update to 14.8 i went to yet another body but the other 3 were not on the map

if helps i do not have or requested a steam account id for my account althought i dont think that is the issue
thy may be stupid but thy am smart (reddutton 2006 seconlife)

Return to “Technical Help”