MP Desync issue - crc test failed??

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
therealk1ll3r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

MP Desync issue - crc test failed??

Post by therealk1ll3r »

Me and my friend have been playing alot on multiplayer together but we randomly get a desync loop every now and again.

We do play heavily modded but this happens randomly everytime.
If it loops and we restart the server sometimes it will work again for a good while before desync looping again.
Other times it does it instantly or after a few seconds.

Even when we disable our mods it happens.
We can't reproduce it either as it just happens randomly , could be doing something when it happens and other times we could be doing nothing when it happens.

I'm not sure how to figure out the issue in the log but there's alot of multiplayer desync : crc test (heuristic) failed.
I'm just assuming that means something?

I posted the desync report within this post.
If someone could help that'd be great!

NOTE:* Our save is currently on 0.14.5 as we wanted to try a different version. But it was the exact same issue on 0.14.7 & 0.14.8
Last edited by therealk1ll3r on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MP Desync issue - crc test failed??

Post by mrvn »

After playing hours and hours with 2-4 players in LAN with multiple maps I run into this yesterday as well. No mods used at all and all identical version on linux.
Actually all playing with identical laptops. One player got into a desync loop. Restarting factorio for that player did not help. Restarting the fsctorio on the server helped for a short while and then the same player desync looped again. Alyways the same player and only that player.

Anything I should do if it happens again to debug this problem? Logfiles I should collect? Options I should set to get more debug?

therealk1ll3r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by therealk1ll3r »

if you all delete the temp file and crop-cache.dat. It seems to help a good bit , But this issue always comes back sometime :(

waazaa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by waazaa »

Up

Same errors in log from desynchronisation file.
After hours of play without mods i can't join the server map and i loop into backup and desync generation until the max attempt and i am kick.

if i load the server map on my local client and save it in my local client and after that i start the server (headless linux x64) with the newly created .zip i can join the server again until its next auto save.

If you need my desync file, please tell me.

EDIT:
after fresh install of the server, it's ok
Last edited by waazaa on Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

mrvn wrote:After playing hours and hours with 2-4 players in LAN with multiple maps I run into this yesterday as well. No mods used at all and all identical version on linux.
Actually all playing with identical laptops. One player got into a desync loop. Restarting factorio for that player did not help. Restarting the fsctorio on the server helped for a short while and then the same player desync looped again. Alyways the same player and only that player.

Anything I should do if it happens again to debug this problem? Logfiles I should collect? Options I should set to get more debug?
Yes, there are desync report zip files that you can post to bug reports.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”