Can't load save game in a different computer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
nediam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't load save game in a different computer

Post by nediam »

Hi,
I'm trying to open a (steam cloud synced) save on another computer. Both computers have 0.14.4 but I get an error when opening the save in the computer that did not create the save in the first place, I get:

Error while applying migration: Base Mod: 2014-01-28_Factorio_0.9.0.lua
Cannot execute command. Error: [string "if game.is_demo() then..."]:5: attempt to index field 'player' (a nil value)

I bought the game about 2 months ago. The save was originally created in an older version (don't remember which... 0.12 or something so there have been migrations), but it migrated just fine as I can play it in the computer where I originally saved it. Yesterday I was playing a LAN multiplayer with that save and that worked just fine. The error comes on another computer that is not on that network (....at work).

Mods: base 0.14.4
Map version: 0.14.4-1

Any idea why I can't open the save?

nediam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Can't load save game in a different computer

Post by nediam »

Just after I posted this I went into "teamapps\common\Factorio\data\base\migrations" and deleted all the files there that had less than 2016 in the name of the file, and now I can open the save without errors.. and by a quick look everything looks fine.

Return to “Technical Help”