Can't log in to play multiplayer

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
AnActualDuck
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Can't log in to play multiplayer

Post by AnActualDuck »

Got the game because of a friends recommendation. It's asking me for a username and password in order to look for games to play (I want to join his game). No idea what it's talking about but through some googling I find out I need an account on this site and can't just use steam apparently. So I come to the site and make an account and try to link it to my steam account and it says there is already a Factorio account linked to my username. So I think maybe it wants my steam info. I try everything I can think of and I can't access it. Why the hell is it so hard to just play the game?

I've never had to jump through so many hoops just to get to play a game and I'm rather frustrated by it. What am I doing wrong?

I hope to hear back promptly, there is nothing more frustrating than paying for something and then not being able to use it because of something stupid. What's more is my friend who recommended it apparently had no such issue so he's not been able to help me.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can't log in to play multiplayer

Post by Smarty »

Go to factorio.com register and then link steam with that account then use that username and password to log in

Return to “Technical Help”